This is a new and welcomed addition to my blog. I’ve decided to add a little bit of fashion in the beauty mix, after all they hand in hand!
These are the “fashion” items that have been worn the most for the month of April, and some are still going. While I don’t go out a lot, I still try me best to get snazzy when I do 😉 .
For jewelry I’ve been diggin’ a couple of new pieces and an old-ish love:
- Michael Kors Rose Gold Pave Studs- See these HERE. These were a spur to the moment gift from the hubs while hanging out with the kiddos. I think I wore these some much because I’ve been rocking short hair, and keeping my makeup soft, so these just fit right in.
- The watch also from Michael Kors and purchased with the earrings. It’s rose gold with Swarovski® crystals and mother of pearl dial. This is my favorite watch EVER!! I only have about four watches but this tops the little list. See these HERE.
- The chain/necklace is from Coach, I really like it. And get compliments all the time. I got this last year so I’m not sure if it’s still available.
- Grey, sheer-back jacket- This is from Mark(avon). It’s faux leather with a sheer back. See HERE (my avon shop).
- Green T-Shirt- I bought this for maybe $5.99 at Ross, and now I need three more because I’m lovin’ it!
- Jeans- I’ve been wearing these things a LOT since the beginning of the year. My hubs bought them…I have no clue where, but they are from Love Culture. And they are skinny, stretch jeans.
- Snakeskin loafers- This are soooo comfy and cute. I wears dem everywear(get it?) lmao!! These are from Avon. See HERE.(my avon shop).
- The sneakers are Jordan’s Son Of Mars..uhm I had to do a serious google search on these because; 1-I’m not into sneakers, 2-I didn’t buy them(thanks hubs), and 3-these are my first Jordans 😮 . See these HERE. These are also featured in my “Rock On” OOTD post.
What Were Your Faves, Blushers?
Heeeeeeya blushers! Happy new month! Which is my FAVORITESTEST month in the whole calendar of months…yup! Today I’m dropping in to show a few of my favorite things for the month of April!
Favorite tools/brushes: Before we get into these let me say, I know those “mac” brushes are fake, as I’ve stated in the pic. I’m giving them a test run to see how they perform. If you don’t like the idea of buying fake/replica products then look pass them 🙂 .
- Faux mac 187- Love this for my MAC MSF Natural, blush and highlighters.
- ELF Studio Powder Brush- Love this for my liquid/pressed powder foundation; it buffs beautifully.
- Faux mac 190- I have been using this with some of my foundations/concealers & even tinted moisturizers. I must say I prefer it to the real MAC 190 😮
- Hakuhodo J5521(Japan exclusive): Love this for applying blush, especially heavily pigmented ones. It’s so soft and…and perfect!
- Cozzette S150: Love this for under eye powder, contouring, all over lid color, and slight cheek bone highlight.
- Esum W35(promo item from the Makeup Show LA): I’ve never really owned a brush quite like this, but it’s awesome for crease blending, laying crease/outer V color, and contouring the nose.
- Bdellium Tools 710(promo item from the Makeup Show LA): I love this brush for applying thin/thick liner. It’s perfect; even for my small lid space! I prefer over my MAC 211
For mi skincare now! I’ve been trying to take care of my skin, especially since I’ve been noticing some aging situations going on…sigh…I’m only 23 so I don’t know what’s up with that………………………………. LMAO!!!!
- Rx for brown skin Age Block- I’ve been using this for moisturizer, plus the added benefit of sun protection. It also acts as my primer, that’s a plus for me, because primers usually break me out.
- Trader Joe’s SPA natural facial cleansing pads w/tea tree oil- This has been great for my skin! It dries up my little bumps, exfoliates and removes my greasy, old makeup situations. I LOVE IT!
- Trader Joe’s SPA natural face wash w/tea tree oil- At first I thought this broke me out, but it wasn’t the culprit, I was just being lazy with cleaning my skin properly. Anyway this really cleansed my skin. And while it was in the dog house I used it to wash a couple of my brushes and it was AWESOOOOOME!!!
- Trader Joe’s SPA 100% jojoba oil- Removes my makeup, gives my hair a nice sheen, locks in the moisture in my skin, non-greasy…nuff said!!!
- I forgot to snap my embryollise moisturizer with the other items, but my skin loves it and drinks it up like a cool glass o’ water!
And now for the colorful, fun stuff!!
- MAC Mineralize SkinFinish in Stereo Rose- This is a real surprise because when I purchased this it did NOT live up to my expectations, but it’s growing on me. I use it to highlight my cheek bones and sometimes alone(wet) for a cool coral look; it’s gorgeous on the eyelids too.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy- This is a gorgeous, glowy coral color on my cheeks, and it lasts too.
- Chanel Joues Contraste Blush in Malice- Gorgeous blush, I can’t put it down and that’s that! Feature here.
- NARS Pure Radiance Tinted Moisturizer in SeyChelles(not picture)- I love the color, texture and ease of application of this. I had a sample and my two year old lotioned is hands & face with it so I’m gonna have to purchase one sooner than later…sigh
- Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder- I love this for my under eyes! I use it with or without concealer. It’s smooth, natural looking and doesn’t cake up.
- Ruby Kisses HD Gel Liner in Bronze Shimmer- I initially didn’t use this because I didn’t like how dark with is. But now I use it because of how dark it is…..I know….it’s crazy!!! But this is the perfect day time, no fuss, smokey eye in a jar! And it lasts the whole day, it’s smooth and creamy and it’s NOT shimmery. Even though the name says so 😉
- Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes Mascara- This gives me length and volume. And I sometimes just barely go over the ends of my lashes to give me a feathery effect. It flakes a little after about 6 hours though 😦
- NYC City Proof Lipgloss In Tangerine Crush and Cherry Ever After(not pictured): I love these glosses, they are featured here. They last on the lips, smell great, good pigmentation, and dirt cheap!!!
What have you guys been showing nuff luv? Let’s all know blusher!!
Posted in Reviews/Overviews, Uncategorized
Tagged african american, april favorites 2012, blushingyal, brown girl, dark skin, holmique, jamaican, MAC NC45, MAC NC50, makeup, woc, women of color
I did this look a couple Sabbaths ago, for church. I really loved it; and decided to share. Maybe you blushers would like it too, especially since it’s so “on trend.” I matched my lip color to my cheeks so I didn’t look too “matchy-matchy.” And I love pinks and oranges together.
Nuff Luv Blushers!
Posted in BlushingFOTD
Tagged african american, blushingyal, brown girl, cosmetics, dark skin, FOTD, holmique, jamaican, MAC NC45, MAC NC50, makeup trend, woc, women of color