First of all I want to say HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you beautiful ladies, and I wish many blessings & success your way…
Now on to the post…
So I saw a couple of people on Youtube talking about this palette, and decided to get it. Upon first receiving the palette I was thinking it was awwwiiiit. But after using it a few times, and playing around with the colors. I must say this is a really nice palette. The palette has 36 eye shadows in a variety of finishes and textures. Though some of the colors are lacking, and need a base to show up, others are amazing and don’t need a base, nor primer 8). And though at first glance you would look at it like ‘why is this called a smokey palette?’ But then you’ll notice how beautiful the layout is.
The shadows are separated into six sections:
- Greens/Yellows(Rich, blackened brown is included)
- White/Silvers(Matte black, and taupe is included)
- Pinks(Matte black with pink shimmer is included)
What I like about:
- The price is pretty great for 36 shadows.
- Most of the shadows are pretty darn great
- There are different textures/finishes, ranging from beautiful mattes to metallics.
- The layout of the colors are also genius, thumbs up to coastal scents for that.
What I like Don’t about:
- This palette takes forever to open, the casing is ridiculously tight at the end where you lift both tabs, I actually have an old tweezer set aside to open it.
- I wish there was a nice soft brown that I could use as a blending/transitional color, and a soft golden brown brown/cream as highlighters
Left-No Base Right-NYX Jumbo Pencil(Milk)
Overall this is a great palette, and I think it’s worth the money. The palette retails for $22.95, I paid $16.95 for it on sale (They usually have different sales every Friday). And it’s only available at coastalscents…Trust me, I’ve look everywhere.